Joining Mike today is leadership guru Randy Hall of 4th Gear Consulting and Leadership Gym. Both strive to be the best leaders to their teams, and friends, and in life, they share their thoughts on why experience alone doesn’t make someone a good leader. People think leadership is a personality-based thing, not a series of tools, processes, and repetitive systems you can use to help lead people to help them be at their best and reach the success that’s important to them. Leaders are readers and never stop. Listen in to learn how leading by example is one of the best ways to make change happen on a personal and professional level.
Who’s The Guest?
Randy Hall is the founder of the Leadership Gym and the CEO, founder, and principal of 4th Gear Consulting. He is passionate about developing a greater impact on the economy, communities, and lives of people.
Randy has worked for and with organizations and groups to bring out more of their potential. He was the former Senior Vice President of Learning and Leadership Development at Bank of America and Global Director of Learning and Development at Pfizer. Before taking on leadership roles, he led his own teams and worked on sales.
- How to take leadership and apply that to your business. – 1:00
- Leading by example. – 6:45
- Switching from being a follower to a leader. – 10:30
- Different ways that leaders and non-leaders are treated in a workplace. – 11:00
- Understanding why others don’t want to be leaders. – 14:31
- The different sides of leadership. – 15:00
- Building a culture of people adapting to your leadership style. – 18:27
- Applying leadership to your different aspects of life. – 22:48
- Experiences working with leaders in a workplace. – 29:21
- Where to start? – 30:56
- The Proactive vs. Reactive leadership approach. – 38:08
- Using questions to lead. – 34:04Episode Resources
- Connect with Mike Brevik:
- Connect with Randy Hall
Subscribe, Share, and Review
To get the next episode subscribe with your favorite podcast player.